Juno is a new fintech bank checking account with a combination of nice-looking features:
- 2.15% APY guaranteed for 1 year for first 1,000 sign-ups who link a bank account. Their Twitter accounts says 800 spots left as of 3/23.
- 5% cash back on 5 brands of your choice, on up to $3,000 in debit card spend. Examples shown include Costco, Amazon, Walmart.com, Target.com, Uber Eats, Doordash, Dunkin, and Starbucks. This is a permanent feature.
- $25 bonus on first deposit if opened via referral link. The referrer gets $25 as well. That’s mine, thanks if you use it!
- No minimum balance requirement, no maintenance fees, no ATM fees.
- FDIC-insured through partner bank.
After the Fed rate cut to zero, 2.15% APY for 1 year is better than any 12-month CD out there, and this is a 100% liquid checking account. During my application process, it seemed that I could only get this “Priority Access” if I linked my external checking account. They use Plaid for linking data, which is a legit service (now owned by Visa) that I am familiar with.
The 5% cash back on Costco definitely caught my eye, as I spend thousands there every year:
At first glance, this look like another in a crowded field of banks. The high APY, high cash back rewards, and an upfront bonus helped it stand out. However, if I can really get 5% cash back at Costco, this one is a keeper! For now, I just quickly signed up for Juno to lock in the guaranteed APY.
“The editorial content here is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone. This email may contain links through which we are compensated when you click on or are approved for offers.”
Copyright © 2019 MyMoneyBlog.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not re-syndicate without permission.