Incredible marketers from different cultures and backgrounds can easily fly under the radar in the broader digital marketing community.
As we at DigitalMarketer move into our new normal, we’d like to try to change that by highlighting creators of all identifies. We want to amplify their voices and shout out their work. After all, diverse marketers means more diverse and more effective marketing.
So, to celebrate Asian and Pacific Islander American Heritage Month, we’re sharing some of our awesome contributors and their amazing work.
Co-Founder of School of Bots
Japanese and Mexican (50/50)
Natasha Takahashi is the co-founder of School of Bots, where she is on a mission to accelerate the growth of businesses with chat marketing on platforms like Facebook Messenger, text, WhatsApp, Instagram DMs, mobile wallet, and more.
She has shared her winning chat frameworks and strategies on 70+ stages around the world, including Traffic & Conversion Summit and Social Media Marketing World. Her expertise comes from generating millions of dollars with chatbots for 100+ brands, including Mindvalley, DigitalMarketer, Billy Gene Is Marketing, Social Media Examiner, Matthew Hussey, and Marisa Peer.
You can find Natasha’s training—How To 3x Your Conversions with a Chatbot Lead Magnet Campaign—inside DigitalMarketer Lab. She has also shared about chat strategy, tools, and tactics on The DigitalMarketer Podcast, Perpetual Traffic Podcast, and Business Lunch Podcast. At this year’s Traffic & Conversion Summit, Natasha’s session will be on Day 1, where she’ll share her OmniChannel Chat Strategy developed with data from over 10 million messages sent.
“I left college to start my chat marketing agency in 2016… I would have graduated this year!”
Career Highlights She’s Most Proud of:
- Speaking at Traffic & Conversion Summit and Social Media Marketing World in 2019
- Sending over 10 million chatbot messages for her clients, which has helped her company create the most effective chat marketing training on the market
Founder, Live Your Message & Xperiencify
1/4 Thai, 1/4 Chinese, 1/2 English, Irish, Welsh, French & German
Marisa started her career as an artist who was told by her father that she had no marketable skills. She figured out how to build a mid-7-figure business anyway and showed over 5,000 students how to succeed online—many of whom felt like they had “no marketable skills” or were also told they couldn’t do it.
Marisa’s on a mission to reinvent online education around the world so results and engagement become the norm and not the exception. She’s sold over $17M in online courses and programs and has some of the highest success rates in the industry.
She’s shared her new approach to product creation at top industry events including Mindvalley Momentum, Evercoach Summit, LaunchCon, MFA Live, and Traffic & Conversion Summit (December 2020). She’s also supported dozens of industry leaders in integrating this methodology into their products to reduce refunds and increase sales and repeat sales including Josh Turner, Mary Morrissey, Jon Morrow, Alex Mandossian, Jesse & Sharla, Ocean Robbins, and many more.
Most recently she cofounded Xperiencify, the world’s first fully gamified membership site software, to make her methodology available to more online course creators.
You can find Marisa’s training on How Gamifying Our Launch Lead to $1.5M in Sales inside Digital Marketer Lab, and mark your T&C calendars to check out her session on 3 “Secret” App & Game Techniques that Delivered 209% More Sales & 53% Fewer Refunds for My Digital Product.
Marisa is also the go-to brand builder and web designer for 7- and 8-figure industry luminaries and heavyweights, including Eben Pagan, Callan Rush, Justin Livingston, Susan Peirce Thompson, Mike Koenigs, Sage Lavine, and Gary Zukov.
“I started my career as an artist who was told by my father that I had no marketable skills. I figured out how to build a 7-figure business anyway and showed over 5,000 students how to succeed online—many of whom felt like they had “no marketable skills” or were also told they couldn’t do it.”
Career Highlights She’s Most Proud of:
- Receiving over 1000 pages of testimonials for a single online course.
- Receiving a 3-minute standing ovation at her annual live event before she even spoke a word.
- Creating a new online course creation methodology for getting 10-30x more engagement and results for students, while cutting refunds by up to 70%
CEO of BlitzMetrics
Dennis Yu built the internal analytics at Yahoo! 20 years ago, and is now the Founder of BlitzMetrics. He is a Facebook ads and checklist building geek and works on creating jobs for thousands of VAs, young adults, and not-so-young adults to drive leads for local service businesses. Dennis is proud to be faculty at DigitalMarketer, which is the best place to get digital marketing training and connect with other digital marketers.
“When I was an undergrad at SMU in Dallas, Texas, some kids in a pickup truck threw beer bottles at me while I was riding my bike. They called me some racist names. But I knew that this reflected more on them than me.”
Career Highlights He’s Most Proud of:
- Being frozen on CNN for 10 seconds in front of 3.5 million people live, when being asked about Cambridge Analytics and Mark Zuckerberg. Fortunately, his fear of being in a TV studio subsided, so the rest of the interview went well, and he was invited back 4 more times!
- Being responsible for 80% of Yahoo’s PPC budget, which included all the Google AdWords budget (Fun Fact: The CEO got mad at him for spending money with Google, which is like drinking Pepsi when you work at Coke. But since it was real money and he had P&L accountability for our products, he got a pass).
- Negotiating equity deals in software start-ups during the 1998 dot-com boom on behalf of American Airlines. They were the first to launch multi-mastering with Oracle and the first flagship customer of many of the names that become huge later or were acquired—Broadvision, Kana, RSW, E.piphany, Interwoven, and so forth.
Founder of Jeronamo Digital Solutions
Half Chinese and half French
Monique Morrison is the founder of Jeronamo Solutions, a marketing agency, as well as Success with Digital, her digital marketing training company. As a Certified Digital Marketer, Monique is on a mission to help local businesses Amazon-proof and keep Mom and Pop shops alive by making enterprise level marketing methods accessible to everyone. Through her marketing expertise she has been able to consistently drive revenue growth for clients. She is a Certified Trainer and Partner with DigitalMarketer.
Prior to launching her marketing agency, Monique was a Digital Media Specialist for Rogers Media as well as a Brand Manager for Starwood Hotels. She’s been helping businesses launch both digitally and on location since 2006. When she’s not brainstorming with clients she’s blogging, reading into upcoming digital marketing trends, hiking, or hanging outdoors with her family.
“My grandpa used to say “aiya” to just about everything, and as a joke I started saying it. Now it’s become a part of me, and it’s rubbed off on my whole team; they all use the expression now.”
Career Highlights She’s Most Proud Of:
- Launching new restaurant properties for brands like Westin Hotels, West Edmonton Mall & Ramada Inn
- Winning the Business of the Year award through our local Chamber of Commerce in 2016
- Growing my agency to include a team and providing meaningful employment to awesome people
The post Celebrating Asian and Pacific Islander American Heritage Marketers This May appeared first on DigitalMarketer.